WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, October 6, 2011

turducken in Canada

Today I was reminded of Thanksgiving at home. No such event here, so I guess I will have CHICKEN

What a surprise. I did happen to spy some frozen, freezerburned turkey drumsticks in some freezer a few months ago. But they were pathetic looking besides being burned after too much time in the freezer. They were more the size of a large crow's drumstick.

Jenn is feeding a crowd and serving turkucken to the masses.  Said she would save a wee bit in the freezer for me to gnaw on when I get there. I hope she means it. A change from chicken would be a treat.  I wont be going to Melaka again this weekend - have another camp to attend.  Maybe next weekend. We can then put together some sort of a Thanksgiving treat and celebrate the day Malaysian style.  As for the turducken, I will let that image dance in my head like a sugar plum.
As for the chicken I wil face it head on once I come to terms that this is what is available to me and serve it with rice

No comments:

Post a Comment