WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Morning coffee for you with a chortle

I was in the metropolis of downtown Kota Tinggi this afternnon, shopping at the RM2 store.  Entering the store I saw an old chubby grandpa doling out some change to let his little granddaughters take a ride in a car-car thing just outside the shop.  Fishing around for a bit of change, he finally plugged the car-car in and ta da, the song started and the motor revved.

And what to my wondering ears did appear?

We wish you a Merry Christmas


The old guy looked at me, and I looked at him, and we burst out laughing. He from embarrassment, and I from amusement.  His little granddaughters, complete in tudung, had no idea what the song was that was playing for them. But they loved the tune, and pretended to sing along, tudungs flapping in the make-believe wind.  They got their money's worth. It was still pounding out Christmas cheer after I left. Nothing like pushing the season, and in a place where it is not really celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment