WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tedious - I know, but a Jungle Trek?

Nothing to report - except it rained today.  And yes, the highway flooded once again.  But I got through it before it was as high as last night, and came back to Kota Tinggi and stayed put. The school went to so much trouble for those kids. All the teachers were the cooks, and they produced a feast for them. I managed to take a few pictures of the kids who were able to take a jungle trek before the skies opened up on them. But on their return they looked like jungle warriors with mud painted all over their faces. The mud here is a light beige, so I was not aware at first that their clothing too was saturated with the muck. I am sure their parents will be delighted when they come home looking like they do.

I wonder how many school kids in Canada can go on a jungle trek right outside the school grounds? Probably not any, if I recall the geography over there correctly. 

here are the photos before the rain today
just over the ridge is a jungle to explore

everyone watching as the trekkers come into view
Just like Canada - Parent volunteers man the grills and pots

The teachers don aprons and prepare the veggies

I caught the tail end of the juniors in the school leaving after their Saturday relious class
Proudly displaying mud faces and clothing. (the beige tops are actually white ones covered in mud)

No comments:

Post a Comment