WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Frannie Has Her Palm Tree

I have always wanted to have a palm tree. And now, in the land of the living palms I figured I needed to fill that desire. And the best of it is I bought a red palm. They are beautiful. The trunk is a bright crimson red and the fronds the lovely deep green. My own little Christmas tree without having to do any decorations. I will have to find some kind of LED lights for it though.  What a trip bringing it home. The nice gardener potted it for me and then put it in the back of my car. I had to take the trip today about mid day when I figured the traffic was the least. I had no side vision and the trip home is constant merging lanes. All worked well, but what a heavy beast to get out of the car. I almost gave up and thought I would just carry water and consider it decor in the car.  So life is almost complete here in Kota Tinggi. I think I am going to ask this gardener to plant the seeds that Jenn sent me. I gave one of the packets of oregano to Emma. She has a very green thumb.  Yesterday she reported that the packet has sprouted and all tiny plants are thriving. I am afraid to plant the oregano. EVERY time I plant oregano I move. EVERY TIME. So, I am leaving them in the packet until either 2013 or else maybe if the gardener plants them it wont mean the same. He can just give me the plants and I will pretend to look after them for him. 
Here is my garden delight for now.  The hybiscus and other flowering shrub are in a different area of the patio, and blooming merrily.

You will have to believe me that the trunk is red. I will take a close up later.  And as it matures, it is just this bright red stock 'in your face'.

g'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment