WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, April 19, 2013

Funny? I think so

I dragged my butt to the dobi today to pick up my dry cleaning and drop off my laundry. The dry cleaning was superb. I was delighted. As I was preparing to pay for the stuff I left the nice man indicated he should dry clean one item.  I said no, no just wash like the others and the press.  My acting out washing something for him helped him understand what I wanted. So, my bill was about double what I have been paying. I wondered why. Now I think that they only pressed my clothing and never washed anything. Is is quite common for foreigners to take in laundered clothing and have them press it. Everything always looked great. They are work clothes so I don't roll around in dirt. Maybe my sweat washed them. Nothing stinks. So I don't know. But I am pretty sure nothing was laundered unless it was dry cleaned. Good thing I don't have b o.  I am still happy with them. Even the inflated price beats knocking myself out to wash and iron all those things.

And my bed pillow! It is just like new. I stopped for a 1 hour hair wash on the way home. No way a dirty head is laying on that pillow tonight.

This is just one of the many delightful, sometimes frustrating, and often annoying incidents that occur when language is a barrier. This one is in the delightful category. No one was injured. The people did their job as they understood it to be. And I did not have to do laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment