WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Entertainment for Saturday and Jilly's Makan Spot

I picked up my laundry, stopped in at some shop to purchase drinking straws, bought a pizza for dinner (from Dominos).  In my travels I took photographs of what amused me. Maybe this does not trigger the same reaction in you, but I think if Jan were reading this she would understand.

I had to take a photograph of this house being built. It is in Taman Kota Jaya, a workingman's taman. Good, hardworking people who work hard, save their money, and buy a home. Mostly Chinese people, but there are a number of Tamil families there as well.  I am now wondering if I have financed the building of this home in that 'hood.  You need to see the person up on an upper balcony to get a perspective of how huge this place is.  It dwarfs everything around it. Maybe I should loiter next week and follow the family home after they close the dobi. I ponder this because the house began shortly after I began using the dobi.  Egad, if they are building this, maybe I need to change careers.

After the laundry pickup, I wiggled my way to the newest mall in KT, to pick up some drinking straws.  Why? Because I intended to pick up a pizza from Dominos too, and often have a tin of pepsi while I wait. They have no straws and only have styrofoam cups. I hate styrofoam cups. As I wiggled around that lot trying to get to the Dominos I noticed yet another Jalan Sehala sign.  What the heck?  I see Jalan Sehala all over town. How can it continue here and be somewhere else and then pop up again elsewhere?  I googled the word. The bloody sign is posted on a street sign (which is not often posted at all) But the term sehala is ONE WAY. Jeez, the street name is not a street name, it is like a traffic sign telling you this is a one way street.  But look on, this is a spanking new mall, maybe 4 months old. Nice new blacktop without potholes, and perfectly painted lane markers. Perfectly painted, but what is the meaning of them? I scratch my head every time I drive through, because I cannot undertstand the triangular painting of these lines. I have finally decided that whoever was dispatched to paint the lines here was also taking an art class on perspective. You know, painting a string of telephone poles and seeing them come to a point at the farthest end of the viewers perspective. If you have a better idea, post it here. I need help.

the narrow triangled area is meaningless, it just starts at the top of the road and dwindles

Leaving Dominos with the dinner, I spied a sign that Jilly would like to see. She was fascinated with the term Makan, learned from someone she knew who was Singapore. After I enlightened her, I think she likely quit wanting to find one.  Makan means eat. There are Makan Spots everywhere here. None that you would likely eat at.
if you click on the picture to enlarge it, and look at the signage on your left, you will see Makan Spot


And finally, on my way home, waiting at a main intersection, the boys on the bikes
as usual wiggle their way to the front of traffic and rev their little scooters constantly waiting for a green light. Amazing they wait, but then, the polis are just behind me today.  Then off they zoom at about 10 kmh in little swarms, just enough to entangle and annoy drivers of cars.  But they have to be first!


No comments:

Post a Comment