WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, May 2, 2013

My local coffee vendor shines

On my way back home I stopped in at my local vendor of ice blended coffee because the roads were chaos. Every mosque goer was racing to the mosque for Friday prayers and leaving carnage on the roadways because they were all late. As usual, Friday on the highway is a nightmare because of this. So, to get out of their way, I stopped in at my coffee place and because it was raining like crazy, I wanted a hot coffee.  I thought it was time to train them to make americano/canadiano for the foreigner. They are always open to suggestions, so I explained how to make one, and then dashed over to the food shop to purchase a small carton of cream.  It was so darn good that I threw it back and had a second.  Leaving them the carton of cream, I assured them I would return to consume it in beverages later, but to feel free to use it for other customers.

As for the roadways, I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the drivers here. They have no comprehension of consequences of driving so close to the rear bumper in front of them.  Maybe it is a desensitization to what can happen when they see this sort of thing daily in the newspapers. One of my mentees lost 5 family members in this collision a couple of days ago.  Keeping in mind that the car was likely overcrowded as well, with 5 being killed at the scene, another in critical condition, and three others with serious injuries.  It was just a car, not a van!

No comments:

Post a Comment