WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Teacher's Day performances

I spent yesterday attending teacher's day celebrations at schools. Of course, this means yet another day of non mentoring. However, the Tamil school was a delight to watch. Here is one photo of young students ready in the wings to perform on the stage. I will upload a few videos once I have time to download and put together. For now, here is one thing I will miss. Richly steeped in their culture, these students make sure their heritage is not lost.
Unlike in Canada, where we might see these same scenes, in Canada they are costumes. Here, they are clothing, which is worn for special occasions.  I will miss the richness of each distinct culture and how they continue with past rituals in present life.

No comments:

Post a Comment