WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, June 24, 2013

97 to countdown

Things I will miss:
My Chinese restaurant that will cook the xaio bai cai that I bring to them and then put it in the stainless steel carrying vessel to take home
The joy in witnessing my mentees actually understand and apply all that I have been teaching them
Having to do a mime in order to be understood by non English speakers
Because I am different - being told I am beautiful - by complete strangers (maybe they don't know the definition of beautiful)
Mangos

Things I will look forward to:
Taking off a linen top and not having to fight with it while it sticks to my body while it takes on the role of another layer of skin - due to the high humidity
Knowing that my skin is just a covering for my body and not a leaky surface for all liquids to escape from within
No longer watching the sky sweat
Not having to do a mime in order to be understood
A fresh slice of poppyseed roll


No comments:

Post a Comment