WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Watching a webinar on coaching and mentoring

I like the point that was made about being a good listener. It was basically the entire gist of the whole message. Many of the people hired as mentors here have no idea of how to listen. This was confirmed by a colleague who was completely frustrated with another.  His message was the only voices that person listens to are the one she hears in her own head.  He was right. And there are many more the same. Screening for this job is not well done. All the recruiter needs to do is listen to the responses from the perspective coach and they will quickly discover they dont have a clue of what they are talking about.  Maybe the recruiters are as unskilled as those they hire. They do not know how to ask a question and wait for an answer. I am happy to know that although I dont say much, I do ask the right questions to help those I coach to find their own answers. And they have.

Now time for sleep.  This pollution is knocking me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment