WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, June 7, 2013

Eating Crow

Well, sometimes I tend to spew out words that I have to eat.  I would say this is perhaps one of them.  FB is annoying, and it does tend to have a number of people who sputter some very shallow information.  However, I have just recently reconnected from an old friend from my stubblejumper days and it is a delight to find out what is going on her life.

Also reconnected with some friends from my Alberta days too. I had lost all contact information for them and just discovered that one of them is a current student at RRU. They are ther most entertaining pack of sisters I have ever met, and now so glad I can keep in touch with them too.

I guess I have to admit that FB does have a place.  Guess I would also like to think that others use it with a bit more thought. But then, I don't have to read the drivel, do I?

Today was my last official day of vacation. I did not go anywhere.  But I did get a great deal accomplished.  Library ready to roll over to the school, house cleaned, black bean cassoulet and broccoli cheese soups made and packaged for when I am working, and the larder filled again with mangos and veggies.  After my shopping trip I stopped at my Cowammas cafe  for my now known Canadiano; which they make perfectly. I dont think anyone here drinks espresso, yet they have this massive espresso machine - all clean and shiny.  So I guided them through the steps to make a Canadiano, and then went to the food shop and bought a small  carton of cream (no one offers cream in this climate) and tada - coffee better than home.  I have also trained them to grind espresso beans to the perfect consistency to make french press coffee for me to take home.   After a chat with a colleague while I sipped the treat, I returned to the counter for my iced coffee mocha for the trip home.  And of course, lots accomplished on the study front with the university experience I have given myself here.  Yes. experience is a a good choice.

Now for a gua sha on the weekend and I should be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment