WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, July 13, 2013

curry leaves

What I will miss:
I WILL MISS THE MOST!
my neighbour's curry leaf potatoes and carrots

My neighbour makes the most addictive curry leaf potato event. I have never been excited about potatoes in the past, but when she makes this one, I lick the bowl.  I have to get her to teach me before I leave.  What is really odd is the family is Tao. The Tao philosophy follows the belief that eating is to sustain the body. No indulgence in food.  In fact, onions and garlic are not allowed in the diet.  The reason for this is that the food becomes flavourful and desired.  Well, somehow Yeet has snuck past that rule and created a taste that could turn me into a 500 pound potato eater if she made it for me often enough. She never does.


What I will look forward to:
Going outside and not being eaten alive by mosquitoes

I dashed to the local food store to drop off recycling bottles and pick up baby xaio bai cai.  I did all that and then got myself to the Chinese restaurant to flash my veggies through their wok so I could dine at home.  I could not stay. There were so many mosquitoes gnawing at my flesh I had to go home and hide.  Now I have the veggies and dont want to cook them. Maybe tomorrow I can cover myself with spray, clothing, and anything that would keep the nasty biters away and try again.  For now - popcorn.

bon apetit

No comments:

Post a Comment