WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Things I Will Miss

Ryan introduced me to coconut milkshakes in Koh Samui.  I really need to go back there. Maybe I will on my break. It is the last chance to go anywhere for me before I head home, so better make a good choice.  That was the day I discovered that rum is actually palatable if you bury it in one of these milkshakes.  I have since discovered that although the local coconuts tend to be harvested at full size and not as yummy as the Thai version, they make a fine milkshake.  Virgin.  I can buy whole carved out coconuts with the water encapsulated in the ball of coconut for about RM5.  I was putting them into my mango smoothies but realized that they are a refreshing treat at the end of the day on their own if I sprinkle a generous splotch of cinnamon and squeeze of manuka honey, and then blend the heck out of the entire thing with about a dozen ice cubes. I probably wont find a whole ball of fresh coconut in Vancouver.  Right?

But I still wont miss the drivers....

No comments:

Post a Comment