WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, July 28, 2013

KiKi Blew me off and other drivel

I really should have known. Driving downtown today was a nightmare. Everyone in this city was either downtown or trying hard to the be next one there. I fell into the category of 'ok please push me aside, you really need to be there'.  Then, once I got there, I discovered that Kiki did not have any staff working, and she was slammed. That meant no hair wash for me. So, gathering up my energy to face the throngs who would mistakenly think I was trying to get ahead of them, I began my journey home. But first, a photo to give you an idea of what fasting looks like over here. I am convinced that they interpret the word fasting to mean be first in line and be fast.  This line up of cars driving left are all waiting to get into the parking lot that services those marquees.  Fat chance gang. Those marquees are in the parking lot.For that reason, I will be mangoless this week. No way was I going to vie for a spot, and that is where I buy my mangos. I just did not have the strength to go into the downtown again to take more interesting photos. I was on those jalans last week and I thought I would have to send out a search party for me to get out of there. I admit, Christmas Eve in North America can be a gong show for traffic. But that is one day.  This frantic shopping goes on for over a month.  I am sure you can guess what the marquees house. Food, all sorts of fried, sugared, and friend and sugared anything.  And when the bell rings, they stalls are swamped.

BTW, I cheated on KiKi, I found another delightful place for the weekly hair wash. Closer to home, and every bit as good.
I wonder if anyone here has ever considered what an oxymoron this whole process is?

No comments:

Post a Comment