WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, July 25, 2013

TGIF - I think it is 70 now

Need I say more? Friday did not come too soon. Tons of work to do on my own assignments, serious housecleaning waiting for me, drop off of laundry, and that 'dreaded' hair wash.  The hair wash is the carrot I extend to myself as an incentive to get all the other things done. But first, a day with year 2 students and bribes to get them to behave.  It worked with others; it will work with them.  Besides, I have a batch of trinkets I need to unload before I leave. Today's rewards will be pencils and oil pastels.

Something I have to do is figure out a way to get the grounds maintenance people to actually do their work. They come clad in rubber overalls, masks, hats et al, and swing their whipper snipper at the odd blade of grass.  They have become so slothish, that you don't even know they have come and gone, except for the mess they leave behind. They shoot pebbles (because they never leave the concrete areas) and dirt into my patio and at me if I am in line. Nothing like getting a cinder in your eye.   I had to buy clippers and trim up my property myself.  Who the heck is going to do this when I am gone?  I piled up the clippings I collected and these rocket scientists walk and sweep around the pile. The trash men, stroll past the pile.  I finally had to purchase a new trash can and bagged it all, in hopes the trash collectors will actually take it away. We will see. I wonder if I can submit an invoice for grounds maintenance? On the bright side - I have a hibiscus tree the size of a mighty oak. Laden with brilliant red flowers every day.  I can go home. I have accomplished tree growing.  Not really a big feat in a climate that grows anything that lands on any kind of soil. I bought the little thing as a tiny twig two years ago.  However, I have been told that when you clip a branch from these trees you can stick that branch in the ground and it will become a tree.  So, I guess I really did not do anything worthy of writing here. My little curry leaf tree has developed some kind of cluster crown on the top. I am not sure what that means, but I am leaning toward it loving where it lives and beginning a growth spurt to match the hibiscus.


No comments:

Post a Comment