WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, July 12, 2013

Have You Ever Wondered.......

We all use computers. We all have all sorts of add ons.  Why can those people who create these add ons, such as javascript, flash player and whatnot just make them right the first time? I use a Mac.  There are infrequent updates because whoever designed this system did it right the first time. If you use a pc, there are daily updates, repairs, and fixes for the system.  If you dont update, it doesn't work.  I know this because all you pc users have caused met to use office for mac in order to 'talk' to you. The one bit that ever seems to need an update is office for mac.  Maybe my lack of understanding computer dynamics makes me unaware of these needed updates. I also have a pc and every bloody time I turn it on, something needs to be updated - due to a critical update pending.  But jeepers - if we as teachers had to update as often as the computers needed updating kids would never learn anything.  Think of going to a restaurant - the server dashes back to your table because they need to update the recipe just as you were about to take a bite of food. The doctor has to update your visit because he just learned there is a new way to consult a patient.  The gas in your car is outdated - you suddenly stall on the highway.  I know when my shoes need to be put in the trash - the soles have worn out, and I have ample warning. I know when food expires - they cleverly put an expiry date on the package.  Why can these people not either get it right the first time, or anticipate an expiry date so you can just stay home that day and update according to the day-timer memo you wrote that advises that it is now time to update your computer? Am I missing something vital in this updating?

No comments:

Post a Comment